CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW HERE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bzbuyselltrade

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: NEW HERE Reply with quote

I am looking to start collecting CED's, Laserdisc, and Beta. If anyone has any for trade or sale please let me know. Also looking for a machine for all 3.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where are you located?
bzbuyselltrade

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: NEW HERE Reply with quote

I am from Kentucky.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, there are a few members in kentucky you sir might just be in luck!
Rixrex

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just so happens that one fellow in Kentucky is clearing out his CED inventory. Darryl I think it is.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you do realize, BBST that PMs are disabled on this board, the email link if any goes through our server and is sent from Tom, our forums owner as a moderation step (once you get a reply it's outside the forums but it's a spam killer measure) and some just post their email address?

Not everybody realizes this at first because most forums either have PMs or permissions after X no of posts...it works well here though.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rixrex, I'm not sure our member knows who Darryl is on the board.
bzbuyselltrade

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: NEW HERE Reply with quote

I am excited to learn more about CED's. Will a CED player hook up to a new LCD TV?
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have have a coaxial cable connection as well as RCA audio/video jacks or can you connect either to a switcher for HDMI to the set?

The chance are pretty good you won't have any trouble. The earlier ones use two coaxial connectors to allow signal passthrough when the player is not in use but with an RF modulator (like the kind that have a few inout and automaticly or manually switch when a source is turned or off for a single output *you can get that almost anywhere, or even use a VCR).

If you have a stereo player then only the RCA JACKS will present stereo sound as it has no stereo generator (predates MTS) and at least the passthrough must be used to pass DTV or the modulaor but then again remember that a converter box or DTV tuner should be inserted on the modulator and not the player for best resuilts.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now for the LD and Beta stuff.

You should get to know all you can about Beta machines as they've been off the market for more than ten years prior to VHS and you need to know what to look at to find a good machine or most importantly A REPAIRMAN.

Not to scare you off but these fall in the cracks of "oh, we have THIS, somebody knows how to fix it/it'll sell" even more than big screen TVs that end up free on Craigslist.

If you can, try and find LOCAL sellers of either and often some amount of a library might follow it around. Titles of LD are more likely to be found in thrift stores/pawns and eBay/other auction and classified sites. CEDs might turn up anywhere so look around and scour classifieds etc.

Like any old and obsolete thing, more than a few were put away when the player stopped working or the owner lost interest so expect that something has to be fixed anyway. Get a demo if you can and as much detail as you can-these items more than often fall into the category of, "my late parent/relative left these and we don't know anything about it/can't test/play it/don't want to break it as we hope it's worth something".

You are fortunate that there are a lot of sites and people still supporting all three formats and their equipment and you have good guidance to help you along.
Rixrex

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: NEW HERE Reply with quote

bzbuyselltrade wrote:
I am excited to learn more about CED's. Will a CED player hook up to a new LCD TV?

So far I have not yet seen a newer TV that would not accept either AV or RF output, even though analog. I assume the day will come, or maybe it already has, where the TV will not accept anything but digital output.

Regardless, newer TVs sometimes exhibit problems with the CED signal, as you can see if you read this topic:

http://www.cedmagic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2181

If you experience spotty playback, you may need an external analog to digital processor to get a good CED picture.

I am one of the members who has CED for sale. I also have LD players of all sorts and I still have a couple of Betamax players available. My email link below does work.
bzbuyselltrade

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: NEW HERE Reply with quote

Here is my email blastzoneonline@gmail.com and here is my Facebook please send me info at either that you all have for sale. I been making a list of CED's I want from CED Magic. I have some people that have offers of sales to me. I need some help knowing if good price or not.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: NEW HERE Reply with quote

Rixrex wrote:
bzbuyselltrade wrote:

So far I have not yet seen a newer TV that would not accept either AV or RF output, even though analog. I assume the day will come, or maybe it already has, where the TV will not accept anything but digital output.

Regardless, newer TVs sometimes exhibit problems with the CED signal, as you can see if you read this topic:

http://www.cedmagic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2181

If you experience spotty playback, you may need an external analog to digital processor to get a good CED picture.

If couldn't hurt if your main set is an early eighties Trinitron Wink
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: NEW HERE Reply with quote

bzbuyselltrade wrote:
Here is my email blastzoneonline@gmail.com and here is my Facebook please send me info at either that you all have for sale. I been making a list of CED's I want from CED Magic. I have some people that have offers of sales to me. I need some help knowing if good price or not.

there is actually a buy/sell/trade on facebook too
bzbuyselltrade

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: NEW HERE Reply with quote

Here is the CED Player model Hitachi VIP 1000

Here is the laserdisc player model Quasar Model LD500

Please let me know how much I should pay?
Rixrex

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: NEW HERE Reply with quote

bzbuyselltrade wrote:
Here is the CED Player model Hitachi VIP 1000

Here is the laserdisc player model Quasar Model LD500

Please let me know how much I should pay?

If you meant to put links or pics in the message, they got left out.

Sorry, I prefer you respond to my email button should you want a list of units I have available via email or word document.

Besides the 1980s CRTs, like Sony trinitrons, other good CED viewing TVs are the more recent Sony Wega TVs, both standard and HD XBR models are great for this. Nice flatscreens too.

You can get up to 40" standard screen models and up to 34" widescreen models, which is what I have. They are preetty cheap now and also very heavy, which is the downside. But once they are in place, they make great viewing.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome fellow Kentuckian!!!! I'm in Louisville, I have several dupes I'd love to help you get started with. I'll give you 10 to help you get on your way. Drop me a note, and I'll set it up for you. Beetlescott@msn.com . You are going to love CEDs!!!
SKT-100
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: NEW HERE Reply with quote

bzbuyselltrade wrote:

I have my favorite TV hooked up with my 52" plasma tv
SKT-100
Dude111

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site,I hope ya like it here!!
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I don't know if you already got what you want, but I have 3 more players I am having refurbished that I will be selling, if you are interested, shoot me an email. I will have an SKT-400, SGT-250, & SFT-100. Beetlescott@msn.com
SKT-100
slatton86

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed you a link to my eBay items for your laserdisc needs. here it is again just in case anyone else is interested..

http://www.ebay.com/sch/jslatton86/m.html?item=390681077551&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I have my den with a final run model 27" CRT TV. It has the grey/silver 80's looking finish and a flat screen. It's a pretty sweet TV, I bought it new when I was a teenager. I gave it to my mom when I bought my 52" DLP in 2007 and she just recently retired it to upgrade to HD, so I swiped it back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: