CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two Free LD players available...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rixrex

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Two Free LD players available... Reply with quote

I made this offer once before, when I had five playes available. Three are gone already but I still have two left. If anyone here who isn't yet collecting LDs wants to start, I have two very nice Panasonic players available.

You can see them listed here in my ad, they are the ones marked $20:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/ele/3377049556.html

The two are actually identical, even though one is called a 120 and the other a 121. They are identical size and shape to an SJT/SKT CED player, and are a black finish. Here's one on ebay (not mine) so you can see what it looks like:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-Multi-Laserdisc-LX-120-/220851854631?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item336bcbdd27

You can have one of them free if you are a current, as of now, forum member and aren't yet collecting LDs. Kind of a way to get started in another obsolete format that is as much fun as CEDs, as I see it. And that way you can get the original Halloween on LD to go with part 2 and part 3, ha.

Just pay shipping to you, plus a little for the packing, and if you want a remote, that's just $5 more.

Of course, there's many other players available too, but not free.
Rixrex

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a photo of what the LD players look like, front and back. As I said, they are exactly the same, so I only took a photo of one of them. Click on the pic for a bigger view.

And then I took a photo of an SJT 300 sittiing on top for size comparison, they are exactly the same size. It actually would not hurt the LD player to have the CED player on top since the air outlets are in the back (Did you know the LD spinning at high RPMs provides great air circulation?) and it does have a metal frame and metal case. I wouldn't suggest it the other way around though!

Two available free. Doesn't anyone want to start an LD collection?
xorcize

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-Mail sent. It appears CEDMagic does not support PMs.
Rixrex

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So some interest but no takers yet. What if I sweeten the offer with a couple of Laserdiscs to boot?

Not crappy ones, but good movies that aren't on CED.

Great way to get started.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Very generous Rixrex!
Rixrex

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Beetle, but days have gone by and there's no takers, not even with free LDs to boot. So these will be going the way of donation to charity after Christmas. They'll be available until then.

I'm not too surprised, as nobody was interested in any of the CED players that need some work either for free. But these LD players actually work and work well.
movieguy11a

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: LD player Reply with quote

Email me please movieguy11a@gmail.com

Id like more info
movieguy11a

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: LD Reply with quote

did you get my replyfrom work? Email me at movieguy11a@gmail.com please..im home now
Rixrex

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just emailed you, thanks!
xorcize

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I am late in the game, but my LD player recently died, and wondering if the LX-120 was still available?
systemcat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not interested in the players since I own one, but I'm always up for the discs. Though I have tried buying from you before if my memory is right. Since the postal system doesn't accept you packages to my address, ideas?
L8gr8harry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am new to the collecting of CED's, I'm in my 40's and remember when they were new and how cool they looked. I got my hands on a few discs from someone at work who thought they were laser discs, I bought 4 for $20 and the artwork is great. I started researching players and CED's and found this site, I called all of the local repair shops to see if anyone had a CED player or even more disc's. so far no luck so I am here looking for advice on what to look for or what really is a good deal, I have yet to get a player and am already making a list of what movies I want to find....first comic books now CED's.
thanks
H
blindfury420

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the club L8gr8harry!

First thing to ask your self is do you want to buy a used, cleaned, refurbished with a good stylus in player, or do you want to take a risk and buy a non working one and try to repair it your self? The latter is by far cheaper but not always a happy ending!

After that you must ask do you want a stereo or mono player?

Mono players will always be the cheapest! Here are some examples of players that go for pretty cheap, broken and even refurbished!
http://www.cedmagic.com/museum/ced-player-guide/sft100.html
http://www.cedmagic.com/museum/ced-player-guide/sgt100.html
http://www.cedmagic.com/museum/ced-player-guide/sjt090.html
http://www.cedmagic.com/museum/ced-player-guide/sjt100.html

Expect those two kinds to sell for $20-50 broken and sometimes $20-120 working. Depends on who is selling it and some might not even know it works when selling it "as-is untested".

Here are some stereo players
http://www.cedmagic.com/museum/ced-player-guide/sjt200.html
http://www.cedmagic.com/museum/ced-player-guide/sgt200.html

Remote capable
http://www.cedmagic.com/museum/ced-player-guide/sgt250.html
http://www.cedmagic.com/museum/ced-player-guide/sjt300.html
http://www.cedmagic.com/museum/ced-player-guide/sjt400.html

These players can range from $20-100 broken and $100-300 when fully refurbished, including a working stylus, and remote. Sometimes all these players need are a good cleaning and a good stylus. Sometimes it can be more of problem, as in a physical part or an electronic problem which require a lot more work.

Here is a list of the players they made. http://www.cedmagic.com/museum/ced-player-guide/ced-player-guide.html

Some you will never find. Others are every where on ebay! I suggest to stay away from any japanese model as they don't make parts any more and no one works on them. I DO recommend any rca player, as cedatum can literally fix any problem that can happen to an rca player!

You can look around on ebay but make sure you check their feedback. I am not sure at the moment if he has any players but there is a guy on these forums by the name of rixrex, who has working players for really good prices! You can look for him on here or you can click the email button above in his post. I think he even has some players still posted on the classified ads here!

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425

Last edited by blindfury420 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes rixrex is good people too, so if he has a player for sale i'd trust him
Rixrex

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

systemcat wrote:
I'm not interested in the players since I own one, but I'm always up for the discs. Though I have tried buying from you before if my memory is right. Since the postal system doesn't accept you packages to my address, ideas?

The main issue was with the fact that I don't use Paypal anymore, and you didn't want to buy otherwise.

I got messed over by Paypal already too many times and so I rarely use them. Only for things I know won't have any problem in delivery, or to people I have dealt with before. For one thing Paypal stopped offering parcel post, so that was a big problem.
Rixrex

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xorcize wrote:
I know I am late in the game, but my LD player recently died, and wondering if the LX-120 was still available?

Sorry, been busy with our income tax office, and a lot of things to do are backed up.

I think I still have one and if you are still interested, I'll check the storeroom for it.

Last edited by Rixrex on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
L8gr8harry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Fury,

Thank you for all of the info, I've been looking on e-bay and have 2 I'm keeping an eye on. One says they put in a disk and now it's stuck and can't be removed....hmmm, the other says it was working but after about a minute of playing a disk it started jumping and quit. Not alot of great options but i really want more disks and a great player for my man cave..(i have a 4 year old I'm trying to explain why i need a new "record" player). Like ya said e-bay is a crap shoot, I've unfortunately been burned there before but don't know many other places to look.

What determines the rarity guide, is the total number of units produced of a given disk known or is a tracking also done of trade and after market sales? Some of the lists i've come across have some great movies and shows I cant wait to get my hands on.

Thanks
H

Model - unkown??
xorcize

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rixrex wrote:
xorcize wrote:

I think I still have one and if you are still interested, I'll check the storeroom for it.

Yes, still very interested. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: