CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SKT 090 Skipping intros

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CEDNERD77

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: SKT 090 Skipping intros Reply with quote

Having a problem with my SKT 090 player. And I wanna make sure if it's the Stylus or something else. I just changed the load belt on this as well which helped alot. Anyways when I load a movie about 80% of the time the stylus skips the RCA intros and the movie logo intro and starts up right in the middle of the opening credits. Only a select few movies actually start from the very beginning but very little. Is this a stylus problem or something else?? Cause I cleaned the stylus with a q-tip and alcohol and it did help for a bit, but then it went back to it's usual ways. Any help would be appreciated.
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: RE: Movie Playback Starting Late Reply with quote

Playback regularly starting a few seconds to a couple minutes into a CED is usually due to stylus set down being out of adjustment. On J/K players this can be corrected by adjusting the stepper drive rack. See James' post in this old issue of CED Digest for more details:

http://www.cedmagic.com/home/ced-digest/ced-digest-vol-07/ced-digest0723.html

--Tom Howe
CEDNERD77

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I haven't tried that yet. I have done everything from lubing the shaft to adjusting the height and changing the belt. Where exactly is the Stepper drive rack and screw holes for adjustment located? It seems like an easy adjustment. And sounds exactly like the problem I am having.
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: RE: Location of Stepper Drive Rack Reply with quote

The stepper drive rack is located at the right front of the player just to the left of the stepper motor. It is part of the mechanism containing the second reduction gear you rotate by hand to move the pickup arm backwards when replacing the stylus cartridge. Loosen the two screws on the side that secure the rack to the pickup arm assembly.

--Tom Howe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: