CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RCA SKT-090 Wont load or eject discs, but plays fine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
constrictor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: RCA SKT-090 Wont load or eject discs, but plays fine Reply with quote

I just picked up an RCA SKT 090 on ebay and the loading mechanism seems to be either broke, or jammed. I took the cover off and by spinning the gears in the back of the unit by hand, I can get it to accept and mount a disc. Once it gets onto the platter, something clicks and then the drive motor starts and the discs plays fine. I am actually surprised at how good the picture quality is, but would like to be able to load and eject my discs.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what to do to get this thing working?

Oh and by the way, what the heck is that black tar on the rear gears that got all over my fingers!! I can't get this junk off!!!!! Smile
constrictor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Through reading, it sounds like my function motor is bad. I dont hear any noise from it. I ordered a replacement from Tom for $5. I will report back when i receive it if that was the problem!!
bertssat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: help with removing the goo... Reply with quote

I have used lots of stuff trying to remove the goo from several players, I now use "Berryman B-12 Chemtool" available from WalMart. Its made for carburetors,Gas tanks etc, I like the canned better than the arisol. The active ingediant is Toluene, methanol,acetoneand several other nasty ingrediants. Use ventalation!!! I put some in a quart jar with a tight seal drop the gears in and swirk until clean, use caution as it removes paint and desolves soft plastic, removes pernament magic marker writing, for tight areas Q-Tips dipped in the stuff works extremely well.
Bert,
bertssat@aol.com
constrictor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got my replacement motor and put it in, and it turns out that the black goo I was talking about was the drive belt. I guess those things decompose into a black sticky tar. Nevertheless, the old motor was fine (I tested it with a 9v battery and it spun fine). I installed the new motor anyway, and made a makeshift drivebelt with a trimmed and then remelted together rubber band and it didnt make a difference.

The drive motor isnt even getting power in the unit.

I am guess something is just bad with the motherboard or something cause the motor isnt even getting the signal to start spinning.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to try my luck at another ebay player.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: