CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading fault on Hitachi decks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Total Rewind

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: Loading fault on Hitachi decks Reply with quote

Hi there!

I am restoring a Hitachi deck, and I have a problem which I've seen before, so I wondered if there's a standard solution out there.

The problem is that the unload mechanism only raises the carriage about half way when Reset is pressed. I can't see a microswitch to sense when it's fully up, so I was guessing that it's done by time, or by current drain on the motor.

Any suggestions or information would be most welcome!

Thanks

Andy
Total Rewind - the Virtual Museum of Vintage VCRs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Loading fault on Hitachi decks Reply with quote

Total Rewind wrote:
Hi there!

I am restoring a Hitachi deck, and I have a problem which I've seen before, so I wondered if there's a standard solution out there.

The problem is that the unload mechanism only raises the carriage about half way when Reset is pressed. I can't see a microswitch to sense when it's fully up, so I was guessing that it's done by time, or by current drain on the motor.

Any suggestions or information would be most welcome!

Thanks

Andy
Total Rewind - the Virtual Museum of Vintage VCRs

You have to find a belt that is about the right size for the loading mechanism. Too large and the belt won't engage the mechanism. Too small and the belt will cause too much mechanical drag and keep the loader from completing the elevation cycle to allow unloading as the syscon will assume the additional drag is because the mechanism has hit the uppermost travel in the cycle.

Try different sizes of belts until you find one that works. - Reinhart
Total Rewind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: Loading fault on Hitachi decks Reply with quote

Thanks for that!

So, am I right in thinking that the controller detects a higher-than-normal current to determine that the carriage is fully up?

The odd thing is that it runs fine until half way up. If it was high drag, wouldn't it stop immediately?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: