CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SGT 075 in Medford (near Boston) MA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
7jlong

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: SGT 075 in Medford (near Boston) MA Reply with quote

Poorly listed... who knows what condition it is in... but this turned up on Craigslist for $20 under the vague subject "video 70s player".

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/pho/317122787.html
RT9342

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm.....no more link? Isn't it funny how people claim their 80's CED players to be 70's players? I even remember looking at one on eBay, and the seller claimed that their SFT-100 was made in 1979. Is there something I'm missing? I thought RCA first put this player in production around 1980 or 1981 (this website says 1981, I believe). Unless it was a prototype unit.....but then again I think the SFT-100 prototypes had a second lever instead of the pushbuttons - this one was the more familiar 5-pushbutton unit.
7jlong

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craigslist listings expire off after 7 days... no re-post that I could find.

It was an SGT-200 - introduced in 1981. As with a lot of players I've seen listed over the years the owners probably had some vague notion of it being in use years ago and just guessed it was late 70s.

Judging from the picture they had with it (looked like someone with tremors took it on a cell phone camera), they really didn't spend much time thinking about it at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: