CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ced connection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: ced connection Reply with quote

OK, if I want to hook up the ced directly to a television that isn't connected to anything else, What type of cable do I buy?
RT9342

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your player only has two connectors (ANTENNA IN, OUT), and/or if your TV only has a cable connector, then you can just use a standard TV antenna cable (type RG-59 or RG-6, with F-connectors). Set your TV to channel 3 or channel 4.
If you have a stereo player, it should also have a VIDEO OUT jack and two AUDIO OUT jacks (marked LEFT and RIGHT). If the player has these, and the TV has an AV input (with a red jack, a white jack, and a yellow jack), then I would recommend RCA cables (a set with a red lead, a white lead, and a yellow lead). Just match the colors when connecting to the TV. On the player, you will want to connect the yellow lead to VIDEO OUT, the white lead to LEFT OUT, and the red lead to RIGHT OUT. Make sure you set the TV to the correct mode (it'll probably be something like VIDEO, VIDEO 1, or AV). Usually, there's a VIDEO button on the remote control to select this (some TVs also let you choose this by changing the channel below channel 2).
Of course, if you don't have these jacks, or if it's too much trouble, you can always use the first method.
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, there's no component video or HDMI outputs on any CED players?? Razz
Joie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'm not very knowledgeable about these things. But Guess What? The darn thing works !!!!! A little fuzzy at times, but heh. I appreciate the help, Joie
RT9342

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"What, there's no component video or HDMI outputs on any CED players??"
I'm assuming you're joking. Actually, that's pretty funny. I wonder though...with the luminance & chrominance seperators/processors/combiners in the player, I wonder if you could get component video output with some modifications (I remember experimenting to get S-video - I think I found the necessary signals at one time, though they were either inverted or below normal video levels).
RT9342

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Thanks, I'm not very knowledgeable about these things. But Guess What? The darn thing works !!!!! A little fuzzy at times, but heh. I appreciate the help, Joie"
Not a problem. Just to let you know the occasional fuzziness is probably just dust on the discs or on the stylus. Not anything to worry about, unless it gets too severe (actually if you're not getting it very often, then your stuff is in pretty good condition for this sort of format!).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: