CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is a CED forum, right?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RT9342

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: This is a CED forum, right? Reply with quote

I don't mean to be mean or rude, but it seems that this forum is getting quite a few topics that have nothing at all to do with the forum. I can certainly understand if someone has a loosly related subject, and perhaps they feel that someone on this forum can help. And I know that some of the regulars here from time to time have something else to say here and there. I don't see a problem with that. But there are some people who are adding posts, and I'm wondering if they either went to the wrong website by mistake, or they are confused as to what a CED is. Anyway, nothing personal - I would just like to see this forum stick to the main subject as much as possible (after all, you wouldn't expect to read discussions about flowers, home improvement, etc. at an Atari forum or a guitar forum, would you?).
Wester

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been around much lately, but I don't really see where this is coming from. I usually check in a couple of times a week to read recent topics and, aside from the spam, they all pretty much stuck to CED topics.
RT9342

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly, they are. But once in a while something comes up (maybe it is spam) that seems to be completely unrelated. I do have a bad habit of coming to this forum quite often, even though I'm not a real big fan of CEDs (though I find the technology quite interesting, plus I have some knowledge of troubleshooting players, having grown up with the CED format almost all of my life), so I don't know if maybe I see these sort of messages more often than other viewers. Either way, I sort of just ignored them for a while, but after seeing more of those, I felt the urge to say something about them. Of course, if what I'm complaining about is just automated spam, then I guess I'm just "preaching to the choir."
Wester

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were really bad a while back, but I think that they have someone take care of most of them pretty quick now. IIRC I posted a thread about all of the spam hitting the site when it was at it's worst.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: