CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Important info so you don't feel like a jackass.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red October

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Important info so you don't feel like a jackass. Reply with quote

So it's presumably common knowledge that RCA has never ever changed there remote codes for their digital remotes, which simplifies things if the remote to your TV or whatever goes on the blink, get eaten by the dog, dropped in the commode, or otherwise meets an untimely end. Well here's something else that's plagued me on and off with my CED player and now lately with my Digital Command Center remote that I just picked up the other day for my Colortrak 2000... RCA remote sensors are very, very sensitive to ambient light from full-spectrum flourescent lamps -"compact flourescents" and those big 2D lamps, and possible others in certain color temperatures or light ranges. These lamps tend to functionally jam the remotes!

So I took appart and cleaned my DCC for no good reason when all I needed to do was swap a lightbulb. Though the DCC DID benifit from the cleaning, I still felt like a jackass because this has happened to me before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: