CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

White or blue-what's the difference? (stylus, not the disc)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RT9342

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: White or blue-what's the difference? (stylus, not the disc) Reply with quote

Maybe this was asked before...a LOT of old topics and so little time to read them. But is there a difference between a white and a blue stylus? (Remember I'm talking about the STYLUS here, NOT the disc, so please don't tell me, "well the white one's mono and the blue one's stereo" - I've seen both mono and stereo players with white and blue styli). And what about styli that have an "R" stamped on the top? Does that indicate replacement, or what?
CEDatum

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: RCA CED stylus cartridge color. Reply with quote

There are some minor exceptions, but the white cartridges are using a natural diamond tip and the blue cartridges use a man-made diamond tip. The shape of the body of the diamond is slightly different between natural and man-made but the performance of both these cartridges are identical.
You did n't ask about the green cartridges ?

The CEDatum cartridge rebuild service uses a natural diamond.
Amanda for CEDatum.
RT9342

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green stylus? Now there's something I haven't seen! By the way, how much do you all charge to refurbish a stylus? I have one where the magnet came out - I still have the little magnet - can you all reinstall those?
CEDatum

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: CED stylus cartridge rebuild service. Reply with quote

We rebuild the 149000 and 154100 RCA cartridges. Also the Hitachi cartridge. Just e-mail us for details. CEDatum@ccrtc.com. Lost a magnet - yes, we can re-install the magnet unless the aluminum tube is bent , then we will install a new tube and magnet.

Amanda at CEDatum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: