CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Toshiba VP100

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBL-FX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Toshiba VP100 Reply with quote

Hello everyone! New here. Yesterday I recieved my first ever CED player, a Toshiba VP100 in great condition. I have a few questions.

I did not know the stylus was not installed when I attempted to play a movie. It only played a little while I tried to figure out why nothing was playing. Once I installed the stylus (figured out what was in the little box!) it played fine, but my first question is:

1.Did I still damage the player, even in a minimal way, by playing it without the stylus in it?

2.Does anyone know where I can buy the remote for this player?

3.The player is a little noisy. Is this normal?

Thanks everyone.
RT9342

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't tell you a good source to find the remote, but playing without a stylus shouldn't cause any kind of harm (unless there was junk in the stylus compartment that could have scratched something up, but I'm guessing that's not the case). All that happens is the disc spins up and the player waits for a signal but doesn't get one - so it just waits, and waits patiently. Oh, and the CED format is notorious for noisy picture - you'll pretty much either have to live with it or sell it on eBay and go with laserdisc instead (which I have been tempted to do many times, but can't make myself do it).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: