CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone have a junk stereo SGT...or schematics for one?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RT9342

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Anyone have a junk stereo SGT...or schematics for one? Reply with quote

I was wondering if any of you have a junk SGT-200 or SGT-250 and wouldn't mind selling just the stereo decoder board from the bottom. Or if anyone could tell me where to get the schematics for it. With so many mono players out there, with no A/V outputs, I just thought it would be nice to figure out a way to build a stereo decoder board to put in older mono units. I used to have an SGT-200 that went through a flood, and I intended to salvage the stereo decoder board, but the people I was staying with (while I was homeless, since my house was pretty much destroyed, and I hadn't got another place yet) threw it out, not knowing that I was going to salvage it. Now all I ever find are mono units. Anyone willing to help? Or perhaps, has anyone already come up with their own stereo decoder board?
CEDatum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Stereo Board for SGT200/250 Reply with quote

CEDatum has this board in stock.
RT9342

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing that with me...and for the board and everything else you sold me too! Looks pretty easy to install. I just wonder how hard it would be to reverse engineer something like this...looks easy, except for a couple of those little custom chips. Too bad those little programmable chips (PALs, CPLDs) are strictly digital - wouldn't it be cool if someone made programmable analog chips? Hmmm.....I am going to school to get an electrical engineering degree - maybe if I get a master's in chip design, I may come up with something someday. Unless someone else invents it first (that always seems to be the case for me - I remember, for example, when I was a kid and I came up with this "revolutionary" new video game system in the 80s that I wanted to build when I grew up, with 4 wireless controller ports, 3-D graphics, digital sound, and games on CD instead of cartridge, which all my friends ridiculed, saying that CDs would NEVER be a good medium for games, and 4-player games would never make it - and now look what's out - and before I even had a chance!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: