CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reinhart's Home Theater YouTube video with CED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reinhart

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reinhart's Home Theater YouTube video with CED Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/v/ELIlw1_iFoA

This is a YouTube video of my home theater system.

It also features a couple of shots of my SGT-250 player and a stop motion of the opening and closing of a CED VideoDisc.
Samson

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice home theater setup and that was a cool video showing it.

Any tips on hooking it all up to the tv and electrical outlets?

No home theater site that I know of list more than two or three audio/vidoe components hooked to a tv. I currently have CED, Laserdisc, DVD, VHS, BETA, CDI, VCD, PHOTO-CD, etc...
Wester

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice presentation and setup there, is that a Paradigm subwoofer?

I was especially jealous of the CDX, my Genesis/SegaCD/32X takes up way too much room and too many power outlets.
Reinhart

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wester wrote:

I was especially jealous of the CDX, my Genesis/SegaCD/32X takes up way too much room and too many power outlets.

The subwoofer is an old Velodyne V-1012-B. And, I do have a 32X, but I don't use it since I only have two games that would work with it: Doom and the 32X CD of Farenheit and I don't have the necessary space to accomodate it.

Thank you for your comments! I'd like to see what you've got, and I'll bet it's really cool as well.
Reinhart

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samson wrote:
Nice home theater setup and that was a cool video showing it.

Any tips on hooking it all up to the tv and electrical outlets?

No home theater site that I know of list more than two or three audio/vidoe components hooked to a tv. I currently have CED, Laserdisc, DVD, VHS, BETA, CDI, VCD, PHOTO-CD, etc...

Well, it's a bit sloppy how I've gotten everything. Everything is powered through multiple six outlet taps on one mains outlet. Fortunately, the total load never exceeds safe levels since not all the components are opearting at once and, most of the time, the central plug is always unplugged from the mains outlet when the system is not in use as a little extra insurance against surges and brownouts.

As for how I managed the A/V connections, I used more than one switcher, and then I chained them together by hooking up the output of one switcher into the last input of another switcher and so on until the switcher network can accomodate all the devices, and the output on the first switcher in the chain goes through my Sony SVO-160 VCR and into the monitor, but the audio output from the VCR is hooked to an A/B switch to toggle between the monitor's speakers and the receiver. It's definitely not a perfect way to do this, but it has worked with few problems.

I might have to try to draw up a diagram on how I achieved this to clarify. - Reinhart
Samson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the home theater setup info, and for clearly stating it.
Reinhart

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samson wrote:
Thanks for the home theater setup info, and for clearly stating it.

You're welcome. Thanks for checking out the video. - Reinhart
Wester

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reinhart wrote:
Wester wrote:

The subwoofer is an old Velodyne V-1012-B. And, I do have a 32X, but I don't use it since I only have two games that would work with it: Doom and the 32X CD of Farenheit and I don't have the necessary space to accomodate it.

Thank you for your comments! I'd like to see what you've got, and I'll bet it's really cool as well.

The feet should have tipped me off that it was a Velodyne. Idea

My setup is pretty much non-existent right now, most of my gaming stuff is packed away, and my old home theater stuff has been reduced to some various video formats that are currently packed away with the games and a sub and center channel. The rest of it has died and now that I have two kids I can't afford to replace the stuff with decent components.

Someday though Exclamation
op712

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..now all you need to do now is dump the TV and get you a digital projection setup - then you got a wang bang system there, since you practically got every video device that was made for home entertainment.

Since you got all of that video getgo, why not make it worthwhile?

What model of Pioneer LD player was that anywho?

(and I do have a Sega 32X sitting on top of my Genesis..)

Congrats on the U-tube video..that was great!
Reinhart

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

op712 wrote:
..now all you need to do now is dump the TV and get you a digital projection setup - then you got a wang bang system there, since you practically got every video device that was made for home entertainment.

Since you got all of that video getgo, why not make it worthwhile?

What model of Pioneer LD player was that anywho?

(and I do have a Sega 32X sitting on top of my Genesis..)

Congrats on the U-tube video..that was great!

I wish I could get a new television, but it would likely be another direct view. It would really be great if I can get my hands on one of those upcoming SED displays that's supposed to give plasma and LCD a run for their money.

As for the LD player, it's a Pioneer DVL-700.

And, thanks! - Reinhart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: