CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rebuilding a stylus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
71chevyvan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: rebuilding a stylus Reply with quote

hello group
i own a sgt250. can anyone tell me the cost of reguilding either a "149000 or a 154100" cartridge?
are remotes still available for this machine?
71chevyvan
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 149000 cartridges will work in this player, but on stereo discs there's a bit of noise, kind of hard to describe but I noticed it mostly in the left channel. The 154100 cartridges have a rubber (I think) part on them that gets rid of the noise, and the person who rebuilds the cartridges says he can add that to the 149000 cartridge. I haven't seen how he rebuilds them but I hope a lot of people can find out how to do it; that will be crucial to keeping the format alive!
cbertra2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Stylus rebuild Reply with quote

Go to this website. www.ccrtc.com/technology/cedatum/
His name is John Stevens and he can rebuild your cartridge.
He has rebuilt two for me and they work perfectly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: