CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CED Title Excel Macro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brother

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: CED Title Excel Macro Reply with quote

@ CED Magic Admin

Tom it appears the Excel CED Title document is configured on US title Database can you confirm this?

Is there one for the UK CED releases

Kind Regards
steve spill
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: RE: Excel CED Macro and PAL Titles Reply with quote

That's correct. I wrote the Excel macro before I had ever seen a PAL/UK disc or knew what all the titles were, so they are not included. I'll eventually get around to updating it to include those missing titles.

--Tom Howe
brother

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: Excel Title Database Reply with quote

ok thanks Tom

Im not a stranger to Excel so if you want me to do it - Im more than happy if you can just provide the formula set up on the macro.

Or if you want me to type the uk stuff (as detailed on your site) onto an excel spreadsheet again happy to do.

It would be nice to get sorted (now I have 4x cucats) - but understand there is never enough time in the day

Kind Regards
Steve spill
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: RE: Modifying the Excel Macro to Recognize PAL/UK Titles Reply with quote

Here's a fairly straight-forward procedure to modify the Excel macro for PAL capability without the need to understand how it actually works. The macro pulls its data from a list of CED titles in Columns E and F of the worksheet. By replacing the first 271 titles in the existing list with the 271 PAL/UK titles that would have UPC's (count excludes the Service Alignment Disc), the macro will be set to recognize PAL/UK titles (but no longer recognize those first 271 NTSC titles). Here's the PAL/UK worksheet to download and paste into the macro:

http://www.cedmagic.com/title-database/ced-macro-pal-titles.zip

After downloading and unzipping the above file follow this procedure to recognize PAL/UK titles with the macro:

(1) In the PAL Excel worksheet downloaded above, select and copy the cell range A1:B271

(2) In the Excel 11-digit UPC macro worksheet, select the cell range E5:F275

(3) Execute a Paste command to replace the cell contents with those copied in Step (1)

(4) Save the macro worksheet and run the macro with 11-digit UPC's scanned off PAL/UK caddies.

--Tom Howe
brother

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Thank you PAL Excel up and running Reply with quote

Cheers tom

works a treat - PAL database via cucat !

Excellent
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: