CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie with a little problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mydadsjoy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject: Newbie with a little problem Reply with quote

I am very new to all of this. I have recently acquired a RCA SGT100 with about 130 movies.

When I play the movies, however, they skip and the stylus leaves little marks on the discs... sort of "swirly" looking.

Is this a stylus problem or a belt problem... or something else? Thanks!
owenatverrs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing to do is to check both the belt and the stylus. The stylus may be dirty, and if that is the case just clean it with some rubbing achocal. If that still dosent help, the you may need a new stylus. If the belt is streched and cracked, then you need to get a new belt. Take the belt off and check and see for any cracks; if when you take the belt off and it dosent strech back and forth, then you need a new belt. I dont know much about these models, so thats what I would presume. Hope it helps!
brother

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: @mydadsjoy Reply with quote

There is no doubt this is a stylus problem.

Clean needle as suggested by other CED colleague - but if you are dedicated to this format - get on Ebay and build up some spares (you might be lucky pick up a complete player cheap with good stylus).

Check CED magic for replacement belts - dont waiste time hunting anywhere else.

Kind regards
cbertra2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: stylus rebuild Reply with quote

You can also have you needle rebuilt at CEDatum. Contact John at www.ccrtc.com/technology/cedatum/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: