CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need a little help with AV mod on SGT100

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lost Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Need a little help with AV mod on SGT100 Reply with quote

I am a little unclear about the AV mod as it is written in the repair FAQ...

http://www.cedmagic.com/home/cedfaq.html#twofifteen

Here is the process I followed so far -

I flipped the player over and removed the bottom cover - on the expose board, I found 409 (for the video - note that it is not label TP409) and connected a test lead to it and also one to ground -

I replaced the bottom cover and test the connection and find that although the disc spins up, the stylus does not engage and the player will not begin to play.

I thought this might have something to do with the way the cover was put back on (it was slightly askew due to the wire ) so I removed the cover again and put it back together with the test leads inside the machine so they would no affect the position of the cover... still didn't work...

I removed the leads and tested with the bottom cover off - no go.

I ended up putting the cover back on and testing to find it working again...

I guess what I need to know is -

1. Am I looking at the correct test point?
2. Is this unit designed in such a way that the cover has to be installed (and correctly) for it to function?

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!
toasterking

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked on this a couple of years ago and also had a problem with the player's logic control, but as a result of attempting to adjust R3202, per the mod description on CED Magic. I could actually connect test leads to TP3409 and ground and get a composite video image with the player still working, but the image was distorted, and attempting to adjust it caused problems. That thread is here if you want to read it.

From what I remember, an SGT100 should run just fine with the lower cover removed, as long as you can elevate the chassis of the player from the table/floor by its nonmoving parts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: