CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Updates/Opinions: the CED DataBase on LDDB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
7jlong

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Updates/Opinions: the CED DataBase on LDDB Reply with quote

The initiative to add a CED database to the LaserDisc database is moving forward at blinding speed, and I would like to publicly thank Julien Wilk for his hard work.

The basic structure of the LDDB has been modified slightly to fit more with CED - things like digital audio track information and other LD-related fields have been removed, although there are still provisions for CED variables like number of discs, aspect ratio, stereo/mono, language, etc. One of the nice things about the LDDB is that reissues, collector's editions, and other variations of a single movie are each given separate entries - so, too, will this be the case with CED - which covers all those stereo reissues!

It appears that basic fields from Tom's database - title and UPC - will be uploaded to the site in bulk once the dataset has been finalized, but that will leave a whole lot of info to be contributed by users. I will be adding missing details from my collection, but that only amounts to about 150 discs, so we'll need a lot of help! The site itself is very easy to contribute to, with an easy form for each title. Shouldn't take too long to get the entire collection up to speed!

The other great thing is setting up a database of your own collection - this should really help to give a clear, up-to-date picture of the rarity ratings. How many "On Golden Pond"s are there really? How many "Return of the Jedi"s? (Personally, from eBay-browsing, I'm convinced that the end-all be-all common disc is "Ordinary People", but who knows)

In the meantime, if you have any suggestions or questions about how this is going to work, please post them here and I will do my best to answer them myself or bring them to Julien's attention.

Jim
owenatverrs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY! How bout some creidt for they guy who suggested it on this fourm!! Very Happy This is great, im glad to see that its moving along so well. I hope everything works out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: