CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SJT 200 wont allow me to insert the disc...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: SJT 200 wont allow me to insert the disc... Reply with quote

need help SJT 200 wont take the disc I cant get it to go even 1/2'' in I opened it up to find out whats the problem and there is a littlespring type thing in the very frontand 2 plastic parts where the disc goes in and you push down on them and the disc goes in. what are they? they are right infront of the disc slot they seem to be atached tougher I push down on one and push on the disc and the it allows it in. any thoughts??
????
RT9342

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't know how much help I can be, but I do know that the door is forced shut by the machine until the motor in the back left corner drives the mechanism to unlock the door when you turn the player on. The only problem is that the belt connected to that motor tends to turn into goo, so I'd suggest checking that belt first. If it's all gooey, clean it and get a new belt, and it should work again. Let me know if the belt is still good - then I'll take a look in mine to see what else I can think of that would cause that problem.
brother

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: @ Justin Reply with quote

Rt's theory is correct and normally the problem (these plays tend only to suffer from worn out belts) (Two of them )

The machine will not let you load the caddy if the loading tray has not retuned UP to its standby position. It is all mechanical but the stops either side of the ced slot will lock. You will need to take the cover off - be careful if you have not done this before -make sure it is disconnected from the mains. do not force anything the lid should lift off when screws removed (x4) from the sides of the player.

You will need to lift up the main circuit board (it is designed to do this) it lifts from front and hinges on back.

You can then see the loading tray - below it is a motor and drive belt that lifts the tray -if you carefully spin the motor you will see whether the tray is up in its standby position.

Replacement belts are available from CED Magic - be careful in replacing as i still have not mastered this and broke some retaining clips - long live superglue!

Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: