CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Website has changed!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mnallard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Website has changed! Reply with quote

My website has gone through some changes and is still being constructed. Since CED Central has not responded to any of my emails and since the original owner can't get any contacts by the new owners, I've decided to try my hand at it. I've decided that I'm too attached to the CED media and would like to continue to support the technology. I hope that you will like what I'm trying to do and look forward to serving you as best as I can.

http://www.geocities.com/atariunderground/index.html

Hope you enjoy the site!

Keep Those CEDs Playing!
Wester

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious, why did you choose the "atariunderground" address?
mnallard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The webpage actually started out as a homepage for Atari 8-bit programmers...but it wasn't getting an visitors. I have stopped programming for the 8-bit consoles in favor of supporting the RCA VideoDisc players and movies...thus the name atariunderground.

The whole purpose of the Atari Underground webpage was to allow programmers to share tips and tricks to programming the old Atari consoles. Lack of people wanting to share this information led to it dying out...I can't blame them...I wouldn't want to share my secrets either. I wasn't having much fun with it anyway.

I honestly have a "soft" spot for the RCA VideoDisc era. There's a lot of memories tied up in the technology for me. Plus, I have fun sharing information and offering the movies and players I come across to those who share the same interests. I love Atari but I love the videodiscs even more. I guess that you can call it a passion.

I thought about killing the website and starting it under another name, but I want to see what this does first. I do plan on changing this eventually but for now...this will have to do.
mnallard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a final note...I just received an email from CED Central. Here's what it read:

"Continued problems with warehouse space and zoning issues have plagued us from the get go. Originally CED Central was to have been moved lock, stock and barrel to Los Angeles by June/July 2005. However the building that was to house the inventory perished in a fire. Everything remains in safe, clean, climactically controlled storage in Sacramento. The situation is intolerable for us... but we continue to work on it daily. Hopefully within a few more weeks the situation will finally be resolved. Until then... we are doing the best that we can.

Sincerely,

Jon Merrill"

So let's hope that CED Central will return to us soon!

Keep Those CEDs Playing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: