CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

F/G Online Manual Started...Stop by for a look!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mnallard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: F/G Online Manual Started...Stop by for a look! Reply with quote

Very Happy OK Folks! The On-Line RCA Repair Manual for the F/G line players is now underway. If you wish, you can make a quick visit for a sampling of what this page will have to offer. Right now, it's not much, but a start.

Like I've said...I'm open to suggestions and any information/help that those of you out there want to give. This is one web page that I would like for any CED user, new or vet, to be able to find useful information from.

So...give a browse and hope you like. Look forward to hearing from you. I've found me a good home here!

Here's the website:

www.geocities.com/atariunderground/ced.html
Wester

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I'm getting from that link is a "Sorry, the page you requested was not found." I'm really interested in seeing what you have on it so far, I have a trouble prone SGT200.
mnallard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry folks. I didn't realize that it would be case sensitive. Here's the correct address:

www.geocities.com/atariunderground/CED.html

I currently have no postings for machine repairs at this time as they are still being written. Like I said earlier...I'm having to start all over and have lost all of my pictures and hand written material. Please give me some time.

Incidentally, I could use some pics, preferably of the RCA Videodisc Logo. I would really like to have this for my webpage. If anyone knows where I could get a copy, please let me know.

As always, email me if you have a problem or a question and I will do my best to try and answer it as soon as possible.

Thanks and Happy hunting!
mnallard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While my website still has yet to show how to repair players, I have added 3 subjects. They are:

Buying used CEDs -- Tells what you can do to inspect the disc before you buy it!

Popping The Top -- For beginners. Tells how to get the top off of the F/G Line players.

Cleaning Your CEDs -- This one I had to post. Knowing how most of you out there are terrified to put a CED through this kind of contact, this method does work if performed carefully and will not harm the oil coating. This is the procedure on how to do so.

Hope that you find what information I have so far useful and to great effects. All links have now been corrected. Good luck!

Also...anyone have a used J/K line of players, working or not, that they are willing to part with? E-mail me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: