CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sony LVA-3700 crv disc recorder/player

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Sony LVA-3700 crv disc recorder/player Reply with quote

Is there any way to get this machine to play regular ced discs. Manual says it will only play crv discs. Can it be bypassed?
mark_miller

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Laserdisc Player Reply with quote

Sorry, you have a laserdisc player not a CED videodisc player.
Wester

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know they made LD recorders. Question
Bill

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Sony LVA-3700 crv disc recorder/player Reply with quote

For Sale. This machine is brand new. I broke the factory seal on the box. This machine was originally purchased in 1994 by a recording studio on Opryland Drive in Nashville, Tennesee as a backup machine. It was never opened, never used. This is a professional laser videodisc player recorder. Yes, It DOES record. The Sony LVA-3700 uses a disc that looks like a ced, but it's actually a laserdisc in a cartridge. They are called CRV's (Component Recording Video). Here's the description from the manual:

CRVdisc,
The CRV disc is a "write-once" laser videodisc that allows you to record pictures and sound only once. You can record pictures and sound from a VTR or an audio device by using a CRVdisc recorder. You can easily produce in-house video programs.
The chief advantages of the CRVdisc are its capacity and durability. The videodisc can contain up to 43,500 (LVA-3700) or (LVA-4700P) frames/side in still pictures, equivalent to about 24 minutes of full-motion picture playback. For durability, a tough alloy mode disc is used.
You can record and play CRVdiscs only with a recorder/player that is specifically designed for CRVdisc system. Therefore, discs with different formats, such as home-use laser discs, or similar discs manufactured by other companies do not work....

I bought this thinking it would play ceds but I should have done more research before I purchased it. I have plugged it in and it powers up right away. In it's "Hayday", the Sony LVA-3700 was state of the art technology and cost over $10,000.00 new. The machine is very heavy 50-55lbs, and is 17 1/4" X 8 3/8" X 22 5/16" in size. I did find blank discs on "E-bay UK". Don't know if they are compatible with this machine.
If you'd like to make a reasonable offer, or would like more info please e-mail me at cbu410@zoominternet.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: