CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Replacing Function Motor Drive Belt SGT 250

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prg333

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Replacing Function Motor Drive Belt SGT 250 Reply with quote

I have a working SGT 250,but need to replace the Function Motor Drive Belt.

I have taken off the cover and the belt split and crumbled.
My question is how to but a new one on? It looks like you would have to take remove one of the geers?

Thank you for your help

Peter Smile
    cedmagic
    Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: RE: Function Mechanism Gear Removal on SGT250 Reply with quote

On the SGT250, the function mechanism gears are held on their shafts by gravity and friction and can be removed by grasping and pulling straight off.

A new function motor drive belt can be purchased for $1.00 postpaid on the Products Page:

http://www.cedmagic.com/home/purchase.html

--Tom Howe
    Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just pull off the plastic gear that's in the way and you can put it back on afterwards- don't do what I did and take out the metal shaft holding it; I've never been able to get it back in and lost use of that player as a result! Embarassed
    prg333

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Replacing Function Motor Drive Belt SGT 250 Reply with quote

Thank you for the advice! I just ordered some new belts for the player! Very Happy
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: