CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Player Remote control

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jubrickner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Player Remote control Reply with quote

Is it possible to put a remote on a SJT-200 like on the SFT and SGT players? Looking under the cover it lists locations on the circuit board for remote electronics for players with that control.
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: RE: Player Remote Control Reply with quote

I'm assuming that what you want to do is control the J/K player with a Sega infrared joystick as described on this page:

http://cedmagic.com/tech-info/remote-control/f-g-remote.html

And it should be possible to install the interface in a similar fashion to an F/G unit, though I haven't personally implemented such an installation on a J/K player.

I believe the best place to tap the into the circuitry on a J/K unit would be the nylon connector near the front of the player which links the system board to the front-panel switch assembly. This switch assembly operates similarly to those found in F/G players, i.e. there's a ground wire in the assembly and other wires that initiate the pause and search functions when they are shorted to ground. You can get more details on the pinout of the nylon connector in this old issue of CED Digest:

http://www.cedmagic.com/home/ced-digest/ced-digest-vol-05/ced-digest0547.html

--Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: