CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SJT-100 stylus arm dosent return to resting position

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TGM

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:36 pm    Post subject: SJT-100 stylus arm dosent return to resting position Reply with quote

Hello,

When my SJT-100 player starts up, or a disk is ejected etc. the stylus arm won’t go back to its rest position if the front cover is on. It seems like the cover is obstructing the arm somehow. I have a video showing the issue: https://youtu.be/lNdXBnz-2YI

I don’t see anything either on the arm or the panel that could be pushing on it. Other than this, the player works great.

Any ideas? Thanks
jsdspif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that was happening on one of my j series players and I want to say the stylus sweeper but I'm not sure if that was it but it seems like there was a piece of foam in there and that little piece of foam acted as a cuchion sort of? The foam was originally sticky on one side and that held it in place but it lost sticky and slightly moved out of position and that was enough that the arm couldn't move all the way back,I'm thinking it was something to do with the stylus sweeper but maybe not. This has been so many years ago now. If you stop to think it's been almost 4 years since covid started and it was probably 3 or 4 years before that when I last worked on that j series. There was a small piece of foam in there for something that was causing my problem
TGM

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have absolutely no idea why, But after cleaning off the tape that held on that foam piece, (the foam already fell off, and was removed) and putting the panel back on, It magically works now lol. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: