CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Searching For Service Manual for SJT090

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjones7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:13 am    Post subject: Searching For Service Manual for SJT090 Reply with quote

Hello all. Could anyone point me to a service manual for an SJT090? Thank you in advance!
jsdspif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just get the service manual for the sjt100 all the sjt are pretty much the same. I guess the 90 and 100 are mono? What's up with your player?
jjones7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I'm not sure what the problem with the machine is. I put out a craigslist ad recently looking for anyone who had a CED player and I got a response from a guy who has an SJT090 that's he's tinkering with.

Could you point me to the SJT100 manual?
jsdspif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just google it laserdisc database has it but I don't know if you can get it without registering,manuallibs has it I get manuals from there and you don't need to sign up.
I don't know how familiar you are but the j series has one belt that runs everything and that is usually bad. They also have what's called a "3rd reduction gear" that is fragile and if units are shipped without the "shipping screws" that prevent the cartridge arm from moving that gear will often break in shipping. Bad things I see with the sjt 90 is it's mono and it's only output is rf (for connection to tv thru the antenna input connection) the problem is tv's have been digital for so long that the player won't play on tv's well maybe some,i guess some may have the "do you need channel 3 or 4" I thing some tv's offer that. I would really try to find a player that has rca outputs and then it will work on pretty much any tv. The sjt 200 will be the lowest j series that has the rca jacks.
jjones7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it! Thank you so much for your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: