CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 41st anniversary of CED!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lynx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:14 am    Post subject: The 41st anniversary of CED! Reply with quote

It was 41 years ago, today, when CED first went on sale to the public, so in honour of this special occasion, I want to share these two hour-long You Tube videos about the history of the RCA factory in Bloomington, Indiana. They are a few years old, and the participants don't really accentuate CED, but they are still interesting. The Sarnoff Collection will probably like these videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEEyGSzZRIk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceRdMFRQjrY
kfbkfb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just remembered it is the 41st, I got out my SJT300, connected it to my newly reconfigured Dolby surround sound + 19" CRT TV basement "home theater" system.

Now watching the stereo (Dolby surround encoded) CED of Body Double (purchased new in the spring of 1985), the Dolby Pro-Logic 2 movie mode provides good surround sound.

Kirk Bayne
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the link on those two videos. I watched them both and they are very informative. Not much talk about CED but still neat to learn about the player assembly lines there. Sounds like when chasis manufacturing moved to Mexico it was the beginning of the end for RCA, then the videodisc flop was the final nail in the coffin. They sold out to GE and that was the end. Sad story.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: