CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SJK-0-090 Player Vibration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Hultberg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:46 pm    Post subject: SJK-0-090 Player Vibration Reply with quote

I've recently acquired a couple players. One of which is this SJT-090. It plays okay, but there is a pretty good up and down wobble in the turntable as it is running. It's fairly loud and the video playback seems to be affected by the vibration. I can fast forward to select a different sections, but the closer I move to the middle of the disk, it's to not be able to read the groves or play any video. The turntable isn't warped, it just loose. Is there a way to tighten it so it's more level when on motion? Any advice would be appreciated.
jsdspif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say pull the turntable out and take a look at things. I can't remember the process but it's really simple to do. Just get a service manual for the j series players. Seems like there's some magnetic pieces around the inside of the turntable, i suppose it's possible one of those may be loose,that would cause vibration. It's been a while since I pulled one out. I suppose it's also possible maybe there's a tiny bit of something on the shaft that causes a slight imperfection in the rotation. That part of the j/k series players are all the same, I think somewhere on the site ther'es some service manuals. Don't buy them somewhere because you can get them free. Or google sjt-100 service manual,or sjt 200 service manual. You might also want to send the cartridge to cedatum for cleaning/inspection. I know I repeat that one alot and i haven't worked on a lot of units but I've seen bad cartridges do some weird stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: