CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SJT-400 Picture Fuzzy then Flickers then Black.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Hultberg

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 12:02 am    Post subject: SJT-400 Picture Fuzzy then Flickers then Black. Reply with quote

I recently started have some troubles with the video image from my player. It's looking pretty grainy and frequently shows this color flicking and squiggly image, goes blank then picture come back. but still very rough and grainy looking. it just doesn't seem to stable out. and that's on any disk I try. Any ideas or advice would be appreciated. Check out this video. this in happening a lot on any movie I put in the unit. https://youtu.be/sb3-N6eg-Cs
jsdspif

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to sound like a broken record ,but send the cartridge for cleaning/inspection to CEDatum,that part only costs you the shipping there and back. They will inform you of the status of it and how much it will costs if it needs servicing.
Second would be to visually inspect all discs before playing. I have an old 100 sft I think torn apart that I use for checking discs. Makes it easy to visually inspect a disc without touching it.
The stylus is very fragile and it doesn't take much to damage it and it can happen in a heartbeat. You can't really do any servicing of a player until you verify the stylus is in good working order. It's also nice to have a known good spare cartridge so if a problem arises you can install the spare and see if the problem is still there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: