CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SJT 200

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrewwild

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject: SJT 200 Reply with quote

Hi All

I've just received a damaged SJT 200

It's got a couple of faults I need to repair.

The 3rd reduction gear is broken but I know where to obtain a replacement.

However the front must have taken a knock as the power switch inside is badly damaged and broken and no longer any good. It's an Alps snap switch R 408 according to the sticker on the side. I haven't been able to locate any replacements. Would anyone happen to know of a suitable replacement switch or would anyone have a parts machine and be willing to sell a switch?

Best Wishes, Andy
jsdspif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say ask CEDatum,but I'm thinking you may be getting the reduction gear from them and probably have already asked. You might also look on ebay. I bought some switches for a sgt250 that weren't identical but I think they would work. CEDatum I think also sold me a couple of those switches ,not the exact but with a tiny bit of modification it works just fine. You may find a switch with other lugs that wouldn't be used,in my case the switch was in a steel case and the new switches weren't made like that so for mounting I 3d printed some small "clamp" type blocks to hold the switch in place. that was on the 250 I use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: