CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SFT100 problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: SFT100 problem Reply with quote

I have an SFT100 that won't play. The turntable spins when the disc is loaded, however the "--" LED's just flash. Rapid Access and Visual Search buttons don't do anything, but the Pause button will make the display read "P". With the access cover removed, I can see that the stylus arm is not moving and is fully retracted. Any clues??
systemcat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your player mite have a problem I just fixed with my player. Please read my next main post,and tell me if it works.
systemcat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strach my fix on your player,I failed to note you got the access cover off.
RT9342

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That could be a number of problems. If the -- lines stay on the display, and pressing pause twice leaves one line - on the display, that means the computer is not interpretting the DAXI signal from the disc. That usually is a problem with the stylus not reading properly, but could be other things, such as improper turntable speed, amplifier problems, possibly even a loose or damaged cable (check any black coaxial cable). But I'd pop out the stylus and inspect it first. The tip should be clean and intact, and I've come across a couple of players where the stylus no longer had the little copper wire going from the tip to the brass button at the end of the stylus housing. That wire is critical - it carries the electric signal from the disc to the tonearm. If you can find (or borrow) a substitute stylus, try another stylus to see if it works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: