CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

looking for sgt-100w service manual

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wendell2017

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject: looking for sgt-100w service manual Reply with quote

looking for sgt-100w service manual repaired it for a customer ran a few movies through the machine then the audio crapped out can barely hear when tv turned up full, stylist is ok i tested it in my unit and works fine
lynx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: looking for sgt-100w service manual Reply with quote

Wendell2017 wrote:
looking for sgt-100w service manual repaired it for a customer ran a few movies through the machine then the audio crapped out can barely hear when tv turned up full, stylist is ok i tested it in my unit and works fine

I'm sorry for the late reply, but if you're still interested, then the PDF scans of the RCA CED player service manuals are available at this link here:

https://manuals.lddb.com/CED_Players/

The model SGT 100 W looks a lot like the model SFT 100 W, so its service manual is probably compatible, or at least close enough, with the model SGT 100 W. I hope that helps.
jsdspif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the IC's in there (actually,probably more than just one) are prone to failure,at least in my experience. In the J series (or at some later point in time) they started using "more robust" IC's that didn't fail,or didn't fail as often. I know in a couple G series players I had to replace IC's that had to do with audio. I believe mine were dealing with stereo issues so you won't have stereo issues. I think my IC's were fm audio demodulator but I may have had one bad one that dealt with audio as it first came in to the first IC it encountered. There were 3 consecutive pins that should all have 3.3 volts and if any/all of those 3 don't have 3.3 volts it's bad. That's how I knew mine was bad. The service manuals are very helpful for me because given direction I can figure it out,but if I was going at it all on my own it would have to be something obvious for me to find the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: