CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The CED Patents Table does not work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lynx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:30 am    Post subject: The CED Patents Table does not work Reply with quote

I have found a problem with the cedmagic.com web site.

I have been reading the web site to learn more about CED, and I found the page in the CED Museum called CED Patents Table, with a very long list of patents for the video disc system. It looks very fascinating, and I would really like to learn more information about the patents, but the problem is that none of the links to the patents, listed on both the Patent No. & the USPTO column work. I have clicked on a lot of them, and the only thing that happens is that my computer says "Loading", with a blank white screen, and then it says "This site can't be reached." Is there any way to fix this problem? I would really like to learn more about all of the CED patents.

I have also been reading the old CED Digest messages from several years ago, which are very interesting. Are any of the people who were on that mailing list still collecting CEDs today, or are any of them on this forum? I am just curious.
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:27 am    Post subject: Delphion Links in Patent table Reply with quote

The first column of the table that originally linked to Delphion has been fixed. The Delphion Network itself is long gone - their business model collapsed when the Patent and Trademark Office got its own website. So those links now go to Wayback Machine (archive.org) which archived delphion.com during the years it was an active domain.

Wayback Machine is handy, as the half life of a URL on the Internet is only about two years (link rot). Copying a link that doesn't work, and pasting it into the search box at archive.org will likely bring up archived captures of the original page. The link can be copied by picking copy link in the menu that appears with a control-click, right-click, or touch-and-hold on the broken link.

If the Delphion patent page looks interesting, more details can be found by copying the patent number and pasting it into one of the search options available at uspto.gov. Linking directly to patents at USPTO will be time consuming due to the complex URLs that contain HTML entities.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: