CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need some help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raymondjtoth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject: Need some help Reply with quote

Hi I like to get a ced layer I have a 4k hd tv in living room and a 720p hd tv in bedroom what player should I look for can look on eBay thanks ray toth sorry if bad spelling I have autism, and were I get styles fixed if need to be thanks ray toth from Illinois
jsdspif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like using my sgt250. Stereo sound,has a remote has mechanical buttons vs. the rubber membrane buttons on the j series players that often fail. The cartridge is easy to get to because there is an access cover that can be slid open to remove the cartridge. All of them are pretty much the same electronically they just mainly have different methods of loading the discs. I'd stay away from the 100/101 and lower number units because they don't have stereo and don't have rca outputs. I guess the g series probably would handle shipping better than all the other players?? shipping any of them is iffy (sp?) but I kind of think the 250 is safest to ship,especially if you can get the shipper to tape the control arm to the cover and slide some thin foam between the top of the control arm and the cover to help stabilize it from any movement.
forgot the stylus more than likely will at least need cleaning. CEDatum is really the only place possible to have cart's worked on and they have many parts that are needed. They are very good people to work with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: