CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Christmas present came...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:54 am    Post subject: The Christmas present came... Reply with quote

but I gather I am the first to get it so I'll keep it a secret for now.

Hint though: It does several things.
cbertra2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine the 20th. Thanks Tom.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got called out for revealing last year's gift before many had received it, so I'm going to let someone else break the news as to what it is.

Let's just say that Tom is a very thoughtful giver. It's something very useful and could double as an ornament on your tree (as he stated).

Do chime in if you've received it already?
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got mine also, thanks a bunch Tom!!
what colors did everyone get? i got a black one!
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they were all black?

Since you've all had a chance by now, another clue: It does a dozen and a half things.
Samson

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject: Thanks Tom Reply with quote

THANK YOU so much Tom for the nice Christmas Gift again this year.
Please keep up the Great website, it's the best CED Info on the web.
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject: CED Magic 2019 Christmas Item Reply with quote

Merry Christmas all, and thanks for the feedback on the snowflake multitool! I arranged these as a skirt around a tabletop Christmas tree before mailing them out. The picture emphasizes the silver and black snowflakes for contrast, but half of them were the purple/blue ones at the top of the image.

Clockwise from the obverse CED logo the 18 tool functions are 6mm Allen, 6mm wrench, 1/4" wrench, 5mm Allen, bottle opener, 5mm wrench, 4mm Allen, 12mm wrench, slotted screwdriver, box cutter, 7/16" wrench, Philips #2 screwdriver, 10mm wrench, Philips #3 screwdriver, 7mm wrench, and 8mm wrench. In the center by flipping the tool over are 13mm and 14mm wrenches.

SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha! marvelous! all of them together probably weighed a ton!
Glenn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject: Thanks, Tom Reply with quote

Thank you as always. I am sure a lot of us think about what the surprise will be every December. We all continue to use and enjoy this great website. There was a photo of a video store going out of business in the San Diego Union Tribune in March of 2019 and the store had several CED's on the wall. We are lucky to be involved with the CED era, we certainly are aware of something most people know nothing about. Streaming has killed off the fun of being involved with a physical product.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: