CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CED player service by a local service shop.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daxi Don

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject: CED player service by a local service shop. Reply with quote

CED player service and repair work by a local service shop is your best option. Service work outside your local area usually includes carefully boxing the player. Round trip shipping which is expensive., Also there is the chance of internal damage to the player if the carrier drops the box.
CEDatum has worked with CED hobbyists and has a recommendation. Locate an electronics service shop in your local area that has done work on consumer video recording equipment of the 1980's era: VCR's VHD Beta for example. If they have not worked on CED let them know that the RCA, Zenith and a few other models were made in the USA and parts are still available. Also tell them that CEDatum can provide technical help and that service data and service manuals are available through the CEDMagic Forum and from Sams Technical Publishing.[
lynx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the suggestions. For a long time, I have been trying to find an electronics service shop in my area which works on CED players. If I find someone who can do it, then I will let them know about these resources.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have also made a few different instructional videos and put them on youtube, as well as many other people.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still a Rubik's Cube to me. I let it sit vs. mess it up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: