CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone for a meetup near West Coast?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject: Anyone for a meetup near West Coast? Reply with quote

I've missed all the CED Workshops in Indianapolis since it would take me a few days to drive there, or fly which I don't really like to do. Being in California (Sacramento), is there anyone else within driving distance of here who would want to do a similar meet-up somewhere in CA, NV, or OR (possibly also Washington or Arizona, or thereabouts)? Hopefully at least one person who was involved with RCA back then, but not required obviously, and anyone from elsewhere who can make the trip would of course be welcome.
lynx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I am very interested in a CED meetup! I live in southern California, near San Diego, and I would love to get together with other CED fans on the west coast! I do not know very many people in my region who have an interest in CED, so I would really like to meet other collectors! I am always up for a road trip, too. Is there anything that I should bring with me to the meetup? Just let me know the details, and I will try to make arrangements to attend. I am really excited!
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I could only ride my bike that far!

What you do is fascinating to me, I have a niece who started as an intern on a local pet shelter adoption show and turned it into a photography and videography career (very proud and a bit envious). my best friend and I had varying experiences in radio (his much longer) and I love audio and video stuff, tape and disc, my old Trinitrons (and RCA television equipment, especially the classic TK series cameras).

Those old beastly cameras are awesome.
lynx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are the plans for the West Coast CED meetup coming along? I am still interested & excited about going, so I just wanted to get an update on the progress.
lynx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still want to attend a meetup with other CED collectors. Have any new plans been made? I have not seen any new information about it on here for a while.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about the CED workshop is that a lot of planning and expense goes into it. You have to be very passionate about the format to undergo something like this and from my experience nobody usually wants to step up and take on the responsibilities. I personally love hosting the CED workshop in Indy and I wish it was feasible to do it in a way that everyone could attend. But unfortunately no matter where you have it there are people who will be too far away. I feel like Indy is the most central location to the majority of the CED community and the fact that it's where the discs were made, and where John Stevens and many former employees still reside, it just makes it the ideal location. But if someone wanted to just host a gathering rather than a whole event like the workshop it wouldn't be too hard. Just pick a date and a location and see who shows up.
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, my organizational skills suck. I don't know of any professionals who live around here who were involved with it, closest maybe would be someone who worked at the local shops. Someone in San Jose did a humongous laserdisc sale a few months ago with a bunch of CEDs also, and I was surprised at how many others were buying those. I'd still love to go to Indiana if I ever have the time to do so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: