CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

skt300 - wont play

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcs

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: skt300 - wont play Reply with quote

Ok yeah its me again, Got another 300 prob. this one loads and tries to play but it don't. You can hear a tick like it is dropping the stylus but then it just moves up and ticks again. I have already tried a diffenent stylus but no differnce. (and before you ask, yes i have many players, i've just been going through the not functioning ones as i clean out my garage, to see if there is anything i can do before i graveyard them)

thanks, Bob Smile
Ron Rendfeld

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: SJT300 Reply with quote

I know this may sound stupid BUT are you sure you are trying a GOOD stylus?
I have bought "New" ones - ebay again! - that didn't work.

Have you tried starting in the middle of a disc?

Is the turntable warped?

Before you junk any players Please offer them to the guys on this list.

Every player that goes into a landfill is one less available for a future
hobbiest.

Ron in Indianapolis IN
dcs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply, I am sure I am using a good stylus as i got it out of one of my working 300's. It will not let me advance into the disc. And I agree about not wanting to scrap them, thats why I'm going through these units first, I got one that I'm keeping and the other good ones I will be selling off. I actually already have 2 on ebay right now. P.S. I would never sell anyone anything that i didn't see work myself....lol I've been there too. But any that i can't get working will be offered to you guys first. I will actually part them out for you so you dont have to pay huge shipping fee's for a loading motor etc.... Right now I have a 090 thats being parted If you need anything off it let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: