CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My introduction.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skaredmask

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject: My introduction. Reply with quote

A little about myself. I’m 37 live in Wisconsin. I’ve have 2 SelectaVision ced players and about 100 movies. I’ve been in to ced’s for about 4 years active. What got me into ceds was interest in the technology and a buddy of mine was selling his. I have a Zenith clone and a RCA 100.

I have generally electric knowledge and pretty technology savvy. I’m interested in a lot of electronics from Amaiga computers to vintage stereo’s and 80’s-2007 game consoles.

I’m not the beat speller or sentence writer or reader so I tend to be blunt.

I’m looking forward to talk about and buy some ced stuff.
jsdspif

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome. One of the things I like best about all of the RCA players are the service manuals. They go into great detail so with some electronic and mechanical know how (basically like resistor,capacitor etc.) and you don't need alot of equipment to work on them, and with the service manuals they really guide you well .That's what has helped me make some repairs. Also the people at CEDatum are helpful and prompt with questions,parts,repairs etc.
I'm kind of amazed about collection habits of humans. How they get such a desire to collect things. A big one that is odd (or seems odd to me) is oscilloscopes. Some guys really like to collect scopes and that just seems odd to me, even though I have 4 or 5 of them. Go figure.
Anyway I have also received help on this forum so that's pretty nice and I think this is really the only place people are talking about ced, or there may be a facebook page for it?? Anyway welcome again.
johngreve

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where in Wisconsin are you....I’m from Eagle,Wi.....about 45 minutes southwest of Milwaukee.
SGT250 Zenith VP2000
SJT200. 800+ discs
Skaredmask

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live about 15 miles Janesville
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to CED Magic! Techy people are always fab here Cool
jillygouse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to meet you guys, I'm Jilly, also a newbie here. I'm really glad to be here. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Sauerkraut

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, either of you wisconsin guys have any experience with the SJT series? I'm having trouble getting a sjt400's buttons to work.

Also have a SGT-100 without a stylus that i was gonna toss, either of you guys are welcome to it for free if picked up. Or happy to drop it off if you're willing to take a look at the 400 Wink Located in Milwaukee.
Skaredmask

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t know much about the sjt400's or the button issue. However I would check the rubber pads and such as some can become faulty over time. On my RCA sjt 100 I think it is. The fast forward and rewind don’t work but the the others search forward and back do. Sorry I Conan help more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: