CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Removal of four titles from the UK CED Title Database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:50 am    Post subject: Removal of four titles from the UK CED Title Database Reply with quote

I'm planning on removing these four titles from the PAL/UK listing and have them on the VaporWare list only:

Funny Girl {77080420394}
Glen Campbell Live {77080445021}
Kid Creole and the Coconuts- Live* {77080345031}
Meatloaf Live* {77080345017}

I've had automated searches for these titles running at eBay.co.uk since 1998, and they have never once appeared. By comparison, every other title in the UK CED Title Database has turned up multiple times at eBay.

Of course, if anyone can post a caddy photo of one or more of these titles, those ones would be retained in the database.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too bad, those would've been excellent titles in the UK market. Still, twenty one years is quite a while.
lynx

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject: What is "vaporware?" Reply with quote

What is the "vaporware list?" I am sorry if my question is dumb, but I am just unfamiliar with this term or what it means. The only one of these four titles I own is Funny Girl, but it is the American NTSC release, with UPC {76476130459}.

Last edited by lynx on Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vaporware is the term for titles that were announced (in any format) but no instances are known to have been produced. In this case the shutdown of CED production put the skids on any plans to produce the titles, or else mastering had not started or rights fully secured...

Go to the root of this site, cedmagic.com and look for the vaporware lists for NTSC and PAL formats. Some really interesting stuff never made it to production. There is vaporware a plenty in the laserdisc format as well, once in a while it has turned up as a dead side in MCA disc production but at least it showed up there. There is no trace of it on CED.
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incidentally, I'm trying to get every UK title but haven't been going at it as aggressively as I was with the US titles. I do have a stereo PAL player and my TV can display it via HDMI, but not the analog inputs.

I also have a few duplicate PAL titles that I'd be glad to sell or trade.
PaulSOCW

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've collected every PAL disc here in the UK and never found any of those 4 titles even from bundles on ebay that didn't list titles.

The only disc i'm missing is the PAL service alignment disc.

I was able to get a Star Wars PAL test disc though.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Paul, I didn't know anyone had every PAL title. That's an amazing achievement. I did put together a PAL visual database since Tom only had the NTSC visual database. Most of the pictures are from titles I found on ebay, I don't own them. As far as I know the database is complete. You can download it off my google drive if you want to take a look.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sfIoupv3_wL8qY4iADL7oeI7m77s_ek8
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only need about 20 more now, and I do have the service alignment disc Smile
PaulSOCW

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse Skeen wrote:
I only need about 20 more now, and I do have the service alignment disc Smile

I bet it was you that outbid me on the one on ebay some years ago.

What are you missing?

Ive recently moved house so have all my discs back in one room again.
PaulSOCW

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ketonic_dude wrote:
Wow Paul, I didn't know anyone had every PAL title. That's an amazing achievement. I did put together a PAL visual database since Tom only had the NTSC visual database. Most of the pictures are from titles I found on ebay, I don't own them. As far as I know the database is complete. You can download it off my google drive if you want to take a look.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sfIoupv3_wL8qY4iADL7oeI7m77s_ek8

I've still got about half my collection to sort as in picking the best copy from the multiple copies i have of many discs.

Ive recently moved house and now got an area i will be shelving my complete collection once sorted.

I will get some pics on here come the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: