CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom and Co. Please block registrants with spam in profile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 11:48 pm    Post subject: Tom and Co. Please block registrants with spam in profile Reply with quote

In particular run3.run, which is some games site and these people never post anything, they are just using their profiles to spam their website.

Thank you.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now if you can please remove links from those now guest posters' appearances in threads? Thanks again.

PS I seem away but I've been ill, doing massive spring cleaning and moving stuff around and I have an almost completely set of computers to replace my aged and broken stuff, Win 7 and 10 as well as Linux. Hernia inducing PCs...
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Norton spammer tried to flood us yesterday...please excise them.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe everyone should request them all to be removed.
SKT-100
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm beginning to think that there are maybe five or six of us left. Maybe if they closed the FACEBOOK thing.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, there seems to be too many pages on FB dedicated to our format. Seems like its way to popular there to close down.
SKT-100
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just not going there, ever.
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom (or whoever is in charge of this forum), please look at the spam being posted.
We have the following:

Time share in Colorado Springs
Office setup
Norton anti-virus
Macfree anti-virus

Is anything going to be done about the above? If nothing then I will consider having my login terminated. I think there are a lot of other people who feel the same way.

If nothing is done, this forum will be filled with non-CED advertising which is already at the saturation point on the Web
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sent this on to Tom and Josh as of yesterday, beginning to wonder myself and not happy.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kitchensynch wrote:
I'm just not going there, ever.

I'm truly sorry you feel that way, I enjoy conversing with you. Someone posts something every few minutes. Maybe you could just pop in and not post, but just check it out, see some of the topics. But I understand if you don't. Good luck!
SKT-100
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Facebook is a security risk. I've had internet since 1997, and I've been through a lot. My current goal is simply to pass the housing inspection this month and live here for my 13th year. Two of my last three cats died, the mice have tried to take over and the adjacent property owners did not keep the lots mowed so I had the infestation that I've never seen the likes of in 36 years on my own and for a while the mosquitoes were a big problem and somebody on the block objected to the spraying so most of this short street couldn't even be considered due to buffer zones. All of this got tackled except for an exterminator hopefully being on the way and some help moving things or getting rid of them as my back and hips are a mess.

My own high school class wanted me to visit their page five years ago and that was before all the scuttlebutt about FB came around, I discovered it was a private page. Nope, I wouldn't use drugs either.

And I've watched trolls destroy Usenet groups as well. I'm fighting that to be here.

I was also hit by another bike the other day...the guy was buried in his earbuds and not watching and that was the second time that week I had troubles trying to use that underpass tunnel, both involving another cyclist. For some reason he did actually have antibiotic ointment and band-aids...I guess that was courteous but I was just trying to get to Arby's before I started a fast for blood work.

It's in the 80f range for now but it will be 100 before Monday.

Does it sound like I need more stuff to deal with?

Decidedly OT but Final Answer. Dumbchemist and I demand that the spam get massacreed. Me and my six PCs appreciate it.

PS I was in a computer help group for over 20 years and then the database went bad and it took a long time for the owner to notice. He tried to start again but he had lost all but a couple of us by then and he just closed the site. I was on another site that was just abandoned for ten years. I am on a bike site that had to really clamp down on newbies and such after spam was threatening to knock it down. Another bike site had it's home page hijacked by (Al Qaeda? Libyans?) for a day, we switched to XenForo from vBulletin 4.x.x and then still had to endure a spam flood one night, and I was there to warn them about it all night until the staff could intervene.

I'm not Captain America. I'm just a functional person with autism and several hobbies. I like recording and stereos, video gear and baseball games on the radio, even if the summer league team here sorta sucks. And I don't feel like I want the rug pulled from underneath me when I have the player and the media and enjoy videotapes and discs of all kinds. I have eight vintage/antique bikes dating back to 1946, and I haven't driven since 2006. They tell me I RAT but those are my cars, if you want then 100% authentic, you buy it and do that.

Lastly, everything I do revolves around staying happy and controlling my diabetes and health problems. I'm not here to stress out. And I nearly died in 2012 from medication that went south and tried to take my kidneys with it (they won)!

So just fix the website, please???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: