CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

strange prob with sjt300

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcs

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: strange prob with sjt300 Reply with quote

Ok all you fellow techs. I've got a good one for ya. SJT300- no audio at all. The only thing I notice is that the audio "a" light is on, but yet on my other 300 the audio lights are not on. So i'm thinking a Demux Ic, but the only prob i have seen referenced is relating to loss of audio on one channel. this one is both. Any hekp would be greatly appreciated.
Smoky Pond

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcs,

That's not a good problem to have with an SJT/SKT200/300/400!

The muting of the left/right audio channels and control of the A/B/Stereo indicator LED's is controlled by the Player Control microcomputer via the DAXI code imprinted on the disc. A condition like this is most likely due to a defective Player Control microcomputer (that's the biggest IC on the Master Board).

There's a slight possibility that the DAXI buffer IC is the culprit, but if the disc plays and the elapsed play time display is working, I doubt that the DAXI buffer IC is the problem, since the time information is also derived from the DAXI data stream.

Matt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info. I was affraid you mighttell me that. Sad Looks like i'll have to label this unit as parts as well.
CEDatum

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Problem on SJT300 - Parts available. Reply with quote

Don't give up on your J300 with the audio problem. All the IC's are available and not difficult to replace. E-Mail: CEDatum@ccrtc.com
dcs

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of price we looking at for the ic. This is a unit that i would be selling off so i dont want to put a lot into it.
CEDatum

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: SJT300 repair Reply with quote

dcs - The cost of parts is minimal. If you can replace the defective parts yourself then your investment in the player will be small. As the FORUM is not used for commercial transactions please contact me directly to order the parts. Thanks John. CEDatum@ccrtc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: