CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RCA CED player and 86 disks for sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leforest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject: RCA CED player and 86 disks for sale Reply with quote

I have an RCA CED player and 86 disks I would like to sell. 22 common titles, 51 uncommon titles, 8 rare titles and 5 which are only 1 of a 2 disk set.
Now I did hook it up and it does appear to want to play but the picture is not very good so I'm thinking this is a case of the needle and internal components needing to be cleaned really well..
If you're interested you can send me a PM and either include a number I can call or I can give you my number and you can call me.

Last edited by leforest on Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would like to know which model and a price would be pretty nice. Thanks.
leforest

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject: RCA CED player and 86 disks for sale Reply with quote

looking on the back bottom right corner i see - Model/modele: SFT 100 W
now i did hook it up and it does appear to want to play but the picture is not very good so im thinking this is a case of the needle and internal components needing to be cleaned really well.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are getting a picture and it doesn't skip or something, the chances are greater that you haven't got it hooked up right...

The player should have both RCA and coaxial connections. The coaxials are a PASSTHROUGH setup, you run the antenna (cable or whatever now) into the INPUT connection and then a line out to the TV. When the player is turned it switches the signal from antenna to it's own modulator and when you shut down it reverts. Newer sets would use multiple inputs and so the RCA jacks might be preferable.

You can't clean the stylus, it isn't like a phonograph stylus at all and you would damage it badly... DON'T DO IT!

If getting the connections and output sent correctly to your set (we're talking old fashioned channel 3/4 or VIDEO/VCR stuff, this was like 1981 or so) then you have to turn to a failing component or the stylus needing retipping or replacement. CEDATUM may be able to help some but they have to stop taking on work now and then to catch up or just find stuff.

Beware 'new' styluses on eBay, 35-38 year old obsolete CED players are not like the endless supply of tubes out there. There are tutorials on You Tube and the other side of this website that can help you a lot.

And the last thing to remember is that we all stopped using stuff and come back to it wondering why to usually find it wasn't working right or we passed it over during the years and just forgot. The fact that you have a picture is probably pretty good news though.

When I asked if you could try and post a price and maybe a list of titles here it's because this group is older and spammers are starting to be a pain...many of our members go to Facebook, which I absolutely refuse to join. This is a great site and full of great information, it's just like a lot of older websites that are aging like the users and players...I lost a computer site I was on since the late 90s just this year, the database got messed up and nobody returned, it was just me and a couple other then and the owner got married and moved on. And since you are new you ma not realize that the PM system is intentionally disabled to prevent spamming as we get notifications via email and carry on from there, sort of like Craigslist. If you object to a reply/find it to be spam you just return the notification email with a reply and it goes to our owner Tom for action.

Hope that helps. And I asked for all of us...since several members have gone for the 'holy grail' of collecting all of the titles they can find (even the rarer British PAL titles) they tend to have most of them, being gung-ho. Having a list might help you get some of them sold, even to different people...whole hog isn't as likely for titles as maybe players.

We do aim to please if we can here. Thanks for joining us.
leforest

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject: RCA CED player and 86 disks for sale Reply with quote

yeah i get all that and i do understand but i dont really have the kind of tv that works very well with this older stuff and i dont have cable or satellite or anything like that so no way i could hook any kind of antenna in. i simply ran the coaxle from the output into the back of the tv and turned everything on. i put a disk in and got a very fuzzy picture. i have no interest in trying to do anything with it since i have a vhs and hundreds of cassettes and a dvd player with butt loads of dvds. i was just hoping to find someone who would be interested in taking them off my hands so i dont have to be worrying about storing them in a closet somewhere to be forgotten. as for trying to do a list 86 disks is a heck of a list so i was thinking if someone was interested i could just call them and read off the tittles and see if there was anything they would be interested in and what they would offer me for them. while i would prefer to sell the whole lot for $100 including the player i would sell individual titles if those interested would give me a good price for them. i really dont want to part out the lot because that makes it really hard to sell them off because in the end i will end up with disks no one will want because they already have them and as i said before i really dont want to be bothered with them. thanks for your response
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which channel are you using and which of the coaxial jacks?

You may need to switch the to a different input or rescan to acquire the signal. I think you may have the set set up wrong and need to adjust the set.

The other thought is that you might just have a bad part. But lkeave the player running and fiddle with the TV setup.

I would think you'd have the three RCA cable input, L/R video (usually white, red and yellow respectively) as this is how you hook in most VCRs/disc players.

Make sure that if there is a switch on the back for channel 3 or 4 that you set that to correspond to your set or you can chain it in through the VCR coax input as well. It's mono and so is the coaxial so you can use that input from the VCR for CED and the RCAs for the DVD in and line out to your TV.

It's worth a shot, even if you are selling it all.
leforest

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject: RCA CED player and 86 disks for sale Reply with quote

sitting here looking at the back right now.
the only things it has is antenna in and out. this is for the coaxle. since i have no cable or satellite service antenna in is useless. this leave only antenna out which runs from the player to the tv.
then there is the ch 3 or 4 which is pretty easy to figure out how that works.
its kind of impossible to fail to hook up and play this unit.
this was my moms unit so i remember well how it works.
im thinking it just needs a new needle and a proper cleaning. mom had this thing sitting out in the shed for many years so im sure it could use a good internal cleaning.
leforest

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject: RCA CED player and 86 disks for sale Reply with quote

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GROOVY, glad it worked out for you. Don't forget to visit the main site now and then, it's good stuff regardless and a fun trip. Thanks for coming to CED Magic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: