CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SFT100 "Grinding" noise when playing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lyokian159

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject: SFT100 "Grinding" noise when playing Reply with quote

Hi All,

New to the forums, I have had a SFT100 for a few years and its got a bit of an issue.

When spinning a disk I hear a repeated ticking/dragging noise, It subsides if I move the lever slightly out of the play indent.
I am assuming this is an issue with the turntable height but I cant find much info about adjusting this on this model player.
I have a fairly new Stylus from CEDatum and overall the player works well once I find the sweet spot to keep the lever in.

The player turns off and on normally in the off and load positions. If anyone has any thoughts I'd love to hear!

Thanks!
jsdspif

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get a service manual for any player with a belt drive turntable,sgt200 or sgt250 or sears player are ones that come to mind or maybe there are sft service manuals but you access the adjustment by inserting an allen wrench down into the turntable shaft. Also at that time it would be good to remove the turntable to clean and lube the shaft and the "bearings" that the shaft rides in. The toughest part is the 2 screws that need to be removed from the turntable don't always want to come loose and the heads end up getting "stripped". So start with a screwdriver that fits the screw head perfectly and has no wear. If they don't want to come loose try tightening ever so slightly. I've head a number of times with screw and/or bolts not coming loose where attempting to tighten them a little bit more has caused them to "break" free,and then I could remove them.
bdstearns13

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So once you inset Allen key into the shaft, do you turn counter clockwise to adjust or just push down. Manual very vague.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clockwise to raise table. i only recommend 1/4-1/2 turn at a time between checks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: