CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did you get your present from Tom yet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Did you get your present from Tom yet? Reply with quote

It came today!

THANK YOU!!!

Spoiler Alert!

It's a rechargeable folding LED lamp. Click the red button for full, medium bright and just the end lit.

I can see where the USB to micro USB charger cable plug in but I think you have to take this piece if rubber out to get it in.ven't wuite gotten there yet, don't wanna mess it up and it came fully charged. There is a clip on the end that holds the battery cover on (where the CED logo is). Again, haven't tried it too much because I'm a klutz.

But this is extremely handy! You can fir it in tight spaces like computer chassis and have both of your hands free while you curse trying to connect all those impossible cables in tiny cramped spots Razz

I'll bet I can use it to see how to get that caddy free now.

I still use the 8 GB memory stick and the USB LED lights regularly...Tom is so thoughtful.
jsdspif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't got one and I never have gotten one. I've always thought it's probably given to members that joined before a certain date?? I've never looked to see how many actual members there are but if it doesn't go out to each and every member I'd understand why,it costs money and he's just doing it as an act of kindness, he doesn't profit from the sight (at least I don't think he profits from it). It's a very nice gesture for the people that receive it though. evreyone have a good new year.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should just ask! Remember that Tom never asked for your mailing address when you signed up.
montecarlo02

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Did you get your present from Tom yet? Reply with quote

I got mine. Thank you, Tom!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Glenn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject: Thanks, Tom Reply with quote

I love these small lights and always pick up one that looks different but this one is so different and handy. How does Tom come up with such a great gift every year? Thanks Tom for these many years of gifts and fun on this web site.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine! Tom, You come up with the very best ideas!!! Having just moved it sure came in handing in hooking up my equipment. The magnet base works perfectly on my metal receiver. Thanks much!!!!
SKT-100
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Did you get your present from Tom yet? Reply with quote

kitchensynch wrote:
It came today!

THANK YOU!!!

Spoiler Alert!

It's a rechargeable folding LED lamp. Click the red button for full, medium bright and just the end lit.

I can see where the USB to micro USB charger cable plug in but I think you have to take this piece if rubber out to get it in.ven't wuite gotten there yet, don't wanna mess it up and it came fully charged. There is a clip on the end that holds the battery cover on (where the CED logo is). Again, haven't tried it too much because I'm a klutz.

But this is extremely handy! You can fir it in tight spaces like computer chassis and have both of your hands free while you curse trying to connect all those impossible cables in tiny cramped spots Razz

I'll bet I can use it to see how to get that caddy free now.

I still use the 8 GB memory stick and the USB LED lights regularly...Tom is so thoughtful.

You have to take a small flat head screwdriver and open the little rubber opening, mine came off when I opened it to charge it, Also, after you turn on your light, if you hold it down for 3 seconds, the light turns red, hold it down again and it flashes! Great if you have car trouble in the night!
SKT-100
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you plug it into the USB while your computer is running, it charges and the light turns GREEN when it's done.

The cable didn't fit well but fortunately I already had one that does.

That thing is BRIGHT!
Samson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject: Thanks Tom Reply with quote

THANK YOU so much Tom for the nice Christmas Gift again this year.
Please keep up the Great website, it's the best CED Info on the web.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out that this work light can hold a charge for a few months, as I lost it around my bed area a while back and found it yesterday, still charged and working fine! I still have the USB charging cable so I can always charge it back up.

Still working and still very bright and helpful. This was another excellent present from Tom!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: