CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sound gone on a sears 934.54800250

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OpossumRabies

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Sound gone on a sears 934.54800250 Reply with quote

Hey I'm a new Ced player owner and I have a sears 934.54800250
These forums actualy helped me get mine up and running and it did good for about 2 months then today the sound just quite on it, I still get perfect picture and what it does is the sound will be there but its so faint you can hardly hear it at max volume. Any suggestions would be nice, I use the AV cable output.
jsdspif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have experience with those but first as I always say, can you try it with a known good cartridge. I don't know if that problem could be caused by a faulty cartridge but they can cause strange things to happen but other than the specific problem they may play perfectly. Also it looks like it is stereo with rca jacks and an rf output. If you can manually switch between stereo and mono does that change anything. Also if you switch to the other output(if you are using rca jacks out switch to the rf output and vice/versa) does that make a difference. Does wiggling the cables where they plug into the player have any effect on audio video?
I have the service manual for the 150 which is mono so it has no info on stereo model 250 (as far as the stereo electronics) and it doesn't mention low audio just no audio or poor audio.
I'd really try to start out with a known good cartridge and if you don't have one send yours to cedatum and have him clean and inspect it or you could go ahead and switch to the other output and try wiggling the cords. I had sound go out partially on an rca when the audio chips went bad and then I also had one develop intermittent sound which was caused by the rca jacks having bad solder connections. It worked fine for some time and then as I worked on it it started developing the audio troubles. After all the simple things report back with your results. Also try stereo and a mono disc switcvhing the stereo mono alternate audio switch/s.
OpossumRabies

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reply! So I got a coaxial cable today and tried it and it has the same result, I did try multiple cartridges I know work and have tried both mono and stereo, I also tried switchingTVs with the same result.
jsdspif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just thought of something, i don't know if cedatum works on the hitachi cartridges anyway. I would probably try to get something showing where to check voltages of the ic's that have anything to do with the audio and check them. I know for my bad audio ic's there were some pins that were supposed to have a reading of 3.3 volts but I was getting 0, replacing the ic's restored my audio.
I'm guessing if coaxial also has the problem the problem is probably not related to the jacks. I know when my jacks acted up my coaxial worked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: