CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stepper Driver Rack Q's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Stepper Driver Rack Q's Reply with quote

I recently acquired an SJT400 that starts discs 30-40 seconds in. I read about the stepper driver rack adjustment - but I'm embarassed to admit that can't figure out what a "stepper driver rack" is. I've read the service manual and found no reference, and everything that I know of as a "stepper" seems non-adjustable (i.e. the stepper motor assembly).

Can anyone describe what I should be looking for?

Thanks!
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: RE: Stepper Rack Adjustment Reply with quote

> can't figure out what a "stepper driver rack" is

When you remove the cover from the player, there's a diagram inside the cover showing how to rotate the Second Reduction Gear by hand to move the Pickup Arm into a position where the stylus cartridge can be replaced. The elongated geared rack directly below the Second Reduction Gear is the Stepper Drive Rack. When you're moving the Pickup Arm by hand, it is being guided forwards and backwards by this rack.

To fix the late start problem loosen the screws retaining the stepper rack and slide it forward towards the front of the player. Then re-tighten the screws and check playback start time, repeating the procedure if necessary.

--Tom Howe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: