CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Toshiba VP-100 Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrewrskewes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Toshiba VP-100 Issue Reply with quote

Hey everyone, new CED enthuiast here.

I purchased a Toshiba VP-100 and completed the guide to replace replace the motor pulley and belt. That went fine. However it still does not play, the other two belts are in place and appear to be tight, when I load a disc I get no time signature and only very fuzzy static on the television. The arm only moves if placed all the way to front of the slide before starting the disc. Should I start hunting for a new stylus? If so where would be the best place to find one?

Thanks, Andrew

EDIT: Figured out my issue, nothing to do with the stylus or the arm, debris from the old belt blocked the IR light under the platter and with a little cleaning it worked for a while (albeit without sound but I'll work that out later) but now is having the same issue. Just need to clean it a bit more.

Thanks guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: