CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SJT400 to Dimensia System

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron Rendfeld

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: SJT400 to Dimensia System Reply with quote

Last summer I bought a RCA Dimensia TV / Monitor FCK2601T with a MSA100 Amp, MAT110 Tuner, CD Player, System Manual and Remote Control CRK35A.

The TV works well and with the other components wired into the system interacts just as described in the CEDmagic site MUSEUM Section: SKT425 and the DIMENSIA System.

A few days ago I hooked up a SJT400 to the Dimensia System but it isn't working with the system.

The TV and other components respond to the CRK35A remote; ALL command functions work.

The Disc Player, when NOT wired to the system, will respond to the CRK35A remote VID2 address: all command functios work.

When the Player IS connected to the VID 2 Audio and Video jacks on the Monitor it plays just like it would with any other TV.
The "Load Disc" and othe promps are at the bottom of the screen.

When the "Control" jack on the player is connected to the "Control VID 2" jack on the Monitor the player NO Longer responds to the remote. The TV screen displays commands from the Remote but the Disc Player will not respont.

According the the CEDmagic site the SJT400 should interact with the Dimensia System just like the other Dimensia components.
When the Disc Player is turned on, the TV and Amplifier should turn on too.
The Disc Player should respond to commands from the Remote Control and the command text should be displayed on the Monitor with the Disc Players text at the TOP of the screen and the Monitors text at the BOTTOM.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong?
Why will all the other components work together,like they should, and not the Disc Player.
Is the fault in the Player or the Monitor?
Or is there something that has to be changed to make the player and the TV work together?

Ron in Indianapolis
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: RE: SJT400 to Dimensia Reply with quote

Ron:

Have you tried hooking up only the TV and SJT400 via the A/V connectors and the Control bus, eliminating the rest of the Dimensia system components? If so, when the player is turned on it should initially display like the photograph on this page:

http://www.cedmagic.com/home/tom-dimensia.html

If the PLEASE LOAD DISC text with this simplified setup appears at the bottom of the screen rather than the top, it indicates the TV is not communicating with the System Control circuitry inside the player, likely a problem with the player itself, or the control connection. The problem location inside the player would be the FEATURES/RKM/CAV board and could be a failed component or simply an oxidized connector. It should be possible to eliminate oxidation by disassembling the player and then unplugging and replugging all the connectors on this board several times, in particular the J6107 connector that links the Control bus.

--Tom Howe
Ron Rendfeld

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: SJT400 to Dimensia System Reply with quote

Tom
I tried hooking up the TV and SJT400 as you suggested: No luck.
I don't have the technical skill to disassemble the player to try your other suggestions.
So I'll take it to John Stevens.

Ron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: