CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help, I need a Toshiba repairman!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject: Help, I need a Toshiba repairman! Reply with quote

Can anyone on this forum repair Toshiba and Wards players? My Wards player needs the loading and the arm drive belts replaced. Also, I want the turntable pulley replaced with a grooved pulley and the turntable belt replaced. I would do the job except that I have absolutely no experience with the Toshiba internals.

In exchange for your service and labor, I would ship you an Hitachi VIP1000 player, USA model. The player will have had both internal belts replaced and it will have been tested to make sure it works. (The stylus will be included.)

Also, can anyone tell me what model of stylus the Wards player takes?

Note: I mention that the VIP1000 will be the USA model. I have a VIP1000 that was sold in Canada. If you have a preference for it, I will send it to you in place of the USA model

I really want my Wards player repaired so that I can use the DSA-100 stereo adapter with it. I also have the wired remote that fits the Wards player.
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
cedwaechter

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be glad to work on it for you but it is so expensive to send it out and have it sent back. Probably $35-40 each way. Pulley replacement is around $25 and other belts are less than $5. The Wards and Toshiba models take the same stylus at the RCA players. I think it is a 149000. You would almost be better off to buy one that is working and sell your current machine for parts. Or sell the stereo adaptor. The adapter is worth far more than the player. I have the Toshiba model and the Wards model and they are really good players. The repairs are not that complicated, just take pictures of how things came apart.
cedwaechter

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cberta is the Toshiba guy. Anything I learned about Toshiba players he answered my questions to get them running. He is fixed lots of them.
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a lead on a Toshiba player that the seller claims works (how many times have I heard that!). I should know If we can settle on a price before the week is out.

I think I will still get my Wards player repaired. It will be some time before I have that down however.
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
cbertra2

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry dumbchemist but been off the grid for a while. Here's how it works. You must first send me your pully and $30.00 and I in turn will mail you a regrooved pully, the round turntable belt and the other two belts. Give me your email address so I can email you my address. There are step by step instructions on the CED Magic website on how to install the turntable belt. It is on the Toshiba Turntable Pully Replacement Page. Its not that hard to do. I will have a pully already grooved to send you.
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbertra2 wrote:
Sorry dumbchemist but been off the grid for a while. Here's how it works. You must first send me your pully and $30.00 and I in turn will mail you a regrooved pully, the round turntable belt and the other two belts. Give me your email address so I can email you my address. There are step by step instructions on the CED Magic website on how to install the turntable belt. It is on the Toshiba Turntable Pully Replacement Page. Its not that hard to do. I will have a pully already grooved to send you.

Thanks for getting back to me. I was hoping that there would be a way to get the pulley and install it without having to ship the entire player to you.

My E-mail address is etd607 at yahoo dot com. Due to my browser beng very old, I cannot send e-mail only receive it. If I have to send you a message, I will post it on this forum.

I will attempt to get the pulley out of the player this coming week. It should be an adventure.
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c bertra2:

Thanks for the PDF's.

I would like to send a copy of the Wards player and the DSA-100 PDF's to Julien, the administrator of the Laserdisc forum. He will then post them on the LD forum for anyone to download. He already has the service manuals for the SJT-400 and the SJT-100 to 300 players for anyone to download at no charge so I would like him to have the Wards and DSA-100 manuals. If you are against this, just let me know and I will not send them to him.
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
DrakeMoon

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject: Need the pully and belts for the vp100 also... Reply with quote

cbertra2 wrote:

cbertra2,
I would like to get a grooved pully and belts from you also if at all possible. I've got a vp100 with belts of goo. Smile My email is mjkesler at yahoo dot com if you can help.

Thanks!
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dumbchemist wrote:
c bertra2:

Thanks for the PDF's.

I would like to send a copy of the Wards player and the DSA-100 PDF's to Julien, the administrator of the Laserdisc forum. He will then post them on the LD forum for anyone to download. He already has the service manuals for the SJT-400 and the SJT-100 to 300 players for anyone to download at no charge so I would like him to have the Wards and DSA-100 manuals. If you are against this, just let me know and I will not send them to him.

cbertra2:

I am unable to send the PDF's to the lddb.com admin. Again, it is the age of my browser that is a pain. I will be upgrading soon.

Could you send the 3 PDF's to manual@lddb.com? The admin's first name is Julien and he can post the PDF's on his forum. He already has the service manuals for the SJT-400 and the SJT-100 to SJT-300 models.
They can be found at: .http://manuals.lddb.com/CED_Players/

Thanks

Note: If anybody has any PDF's for CED players, you are welcome to send them to Julien. He would be happy to post them on his forum so they will be available to the world (so to speak). Also, if you send him jpg files, he can convert them to PDF's.
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: